My Blog of Movie Watching and All Other Things...

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Fourth Kind (2009)

The Fourth Kind (2009)

Genre: Science Fiction / Thriller / Horror

Director: Olatunde Osunsanmi

Stars: Milla Jovovich, Will Patton, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Corey Johnson, Elias Koteas

IMDB

Rating 3.5 of 5

Synopsis

Thoughts:
An intriguing trailer and the lovely Miss Jovovich were more than enough to get me to plop down in the theater for 100 minutes. What I got was not quite what I expected. It's told in a sort of ADD-vision. A mish-mash of "real" footage and movie adaptation you often get split screen action all the way up to four views at once. The acting is very good and quite convincing. The story is compeling and there's even an occasional scare or disturbing moment. Fans of "Paranormal Activity" may very well eat it up but some may not like the style in which it was presented. Me, I wanted more scares and alien action. But you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment